Tuesday 6 June 2017

Catching up with so much!

Having spent the two weeks in the UK, followed immediately by the Field Conference in João Pessoa, this has meant we have a lot of catching up to do with a vast variety of aspects of the work. EAB's work is very dynamic so on top of catching up there are always new things to deal with. 

Last Thursday Liz and I travelled to Imaculada to spend time with our Pastor Lindon Carlos who lost his Mother on the opening day of the Field Conference. We spent 3 hours with him, his father, his brother and sisters and many other family members who were all gathered for our visit. It was a rich time of fellowship.

I also spent time preparing to preach on the Sunday which went very well. It was a lovely Pentecost Sunday service including Communion.

I also have been completing my half-yearly medical check-ups which I had got half way through when I had to take off for England. Liz has been doing her check-ups too. I have also done preparatory exams for my hernia operation the date for which should be set next week by the surgeon. We went to João Pessoa to meet my anaesthetist yesterday prior to the surgery but we were back in Patos for lunch today.

I haven't managed to complete my annual Field Conference report yet but must get that out to all the leaders this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment