Wednesday 11 October 2017

Special Needs Centre at Green Pastures

It was a moving morning receiving about 70 people from the Patos Special Needs Centre at our Green Pastures Reserve. The blind participants nearly brought me to tears as one after the other they recognized me by my voice! Once said she had been to our church and another presented his also blind wife to me.

The deaf were partly already known by me including our Pastor Luis Carlos who is a teacher there. Then there were the Down's Syndrome one of which hugged me and tried to kiss me. Then there was another lad with severe learning difficulties who had an amazing sensitivity to the birds' songs and picked them out whilst others were oblivious. They all just kept telling me how they loved Green Pastures including the blind who "felt peace" there. Wow! What a morning! PTL! I'll post a few photos below.

All this was going on whilst two groups of scientists were carrying out research (trees + lizards) in different parts totally unaffected by these very special visitors.




No comments:

Post a Comment